About Me

My photo
I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Overqualified Fever.



I used to say I never want children. But I do. And I want grandchildren. I want them to have lovers and I want them to know how good it feels to embarrass yourself so totally in front of someone you care about. I want the world to last forever just for moments like that. How sappy can you get? But I do.

I don’t know when I started believing that the world was going to end no matter what, and there was nothing I could do about it but accept it. I don’t know when I started teasing the people who care, or when I started thinking that caring meant you were a flake. I think everyone around me seemed so convinced, so certain, that I let myself get carried away.

2 comments:

David Robins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

If you must have children, at least you know a bit about what you may be getting yourself into.
p.s. It is so obvious that said child will be tall, have brown hair and light eyes, duh.