About Me

My photo
I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

On one way plane tickets and alfredo sauce




So, there's a hint at what I've been doing lately.  

My father went to work in St. Augustine- and it's kind of tradition to make as many dishes with mushrooms as we can while he's gone. He doesn't like them so we usually don't get to eat them when he's around. One of the dishes I made was a white wine alfredo with mushrooms. It was so rich and tasty! 

More importantly, I signed my lease and sent my check out for the house in Seattle. I feel so excited and anxious and terrified. I still have about a month to get used to the fact that I'm moving across the country and nobody I know and love is coming with me. Oh, that's a scary realization. It's a really strange thing to search for one way plane tickets.

6 comments:

Reese said...

What made you decide to move to seattle? I've always thought that would be a great place to visit, but too cold for me to live there!

Chase said...

YOU'REMOVINGTOSEATTLE?!?
When did this happen!!? You're gonna be a west coaster like me!
And you're giving me more of a reason to take a trip up the coast when I get home.

Lindsay said...

Haha that is so cute about the mushrooms. I love that picture.

Congratulations on your move to Seattle. I am in a scary place right now because my boyfriend is looking at a job in Los Angeles. I know it's nowhere near but I feel your pain for moving coasts.

lindsay || newyorkwords.net

Elle Custom Jewelry said...

ONE WAY TICKETS....

I remember the day I bought my one-way ticket to America. It was 7 years ago. I was 21 and my dream came true in front of me. I moved to a different country without knowing anybody... A 21 year girl with lots of dreams and hopes :) Chicago is my home town now, but I will never forget the day I got on that plane.

Samantha said...

Jaresa: It's been something I've been wanting to do for a long time. I just found a good opportunity and somehow built up the nerve.

Chase: I'MMOVINGTOSEATTLE! Please come visit me when you come home :)

Lindsay: Thank you! If you do wind up moving to LA, I will definitely be here to relate with you about coast-moving syndrome. :)

Elle: Thank you for sharing your story with me. It's really good to hear people who have done something like what I am doing and are much better for it :) I'm sure I'll never forget the day I get on that plane, either.

kimberley said...

You are too cool. I will miss you deeeeerly.