About Me

My photo
I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it.

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Will you come and fetch me?

Mushrooms are all around, guys! Try to capture a picture of them before landscapers kick them over! I dare you!


I excel at being cynical. Anyone who knows me knows I am not cut out for retail work.
t. To make my job more enjoyable, sometimes, (desperate times call for desperate measures) I look too see if the customers who are really bothering me (high percentage) have a wedding ring on; or maybe, when they open their wallet to slowly count change and rearrange their pockets for three hours, holding up the line- if they have a picture of themselves smiling with their children or their significant others. It makes me feel less animosity towards them knowing that someone can put up with them. Loves them, even! Someone loves them for every vulgar and discourteous word that comes out of their mouths, and it fills my heart with joy knowing that I don't have to be that person.

3 comments:

when skies are grey said...

Ha ha! Your seething disgust takes on much more of a compassionate acceptance than mine did. Oh, to have had the pleasure of working retail with you-we would've had the most fun, in a really wrong kinda way! Do you remember my glue-gun spiderwebs at the check-out line, put there purely to watch people's faces, full of confusion and disgust story? I guess it's good we do not work retail together. Oh, but now I want to!

Raji said...

Mushrooms are pretty.

ajn said...

"You do good work."