About Me

My photo
I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

On savoring youth & winter

Winter is so cozy. Slow, dreary and cozy. Coffee and umbrellas and wearing wool sweaters always make sense. I know soon I'll have to figure out what I'm doing. Plan out my next steps and start putting them into motion, but not for now. For now I will continue sleeping in too late, reading, cooking, and enjoying cable television. For now I will continue living paycheck to paycheck, [and only worrying about it sometimes], continue to fill my lungs with crisp cool air, go on long walks and write letters to friends far away. For now I will just enjoy living life young, and care-free before the hard stuff comes my way. I know it will eventually, I just want to make sure I've lived enough to welcome it.

3 comments:

BandonRandon said...

My two cents, this should be entitled "On Care-free Living." Thanks for inspiring me to live one day at a time and not to sweat the small stuff.

Lindsay said...

Sounds like you're living the life! People who get too wrapped up in accomplishing something will wake up one day and realize they have wasted everything. Not to say that having a few goals isn't important... By the way, your blog is inspiring me to take my own pictures on my blog. (Not that they'll be as beautiful as yours!)

lindsay || newyorkwords.net

Daniel Ribas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.