About Me

My photo
I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

On pumpkin patches and wild things.



I picked my own pumpkin at a pumpkin patch in Kent, WA. I carried my own nineteen pound pumpkin down the muddy road and placed it on a scale before I took it home. I wholeheartedly believe that is an experience everyone should have once in their lifetime. (Though, perhaps it's only so overwhelming to me coming from a place like Florida.)

Later, I went to the Pacific Science Center Imax theatre and watched Where the Wild Things Are on a 6 story screen. I couldn't have loved it more. So cute and sad and great. I mostly worship the ground Dave Eggers walks on and I can't wait to finally pick up my autographed copy of the novel adapted from the screenplay!


2 comments:

BandonRandon said...

Glad you enjoyed your pumpkin patch adventure. I belive there is just something about going out to the farms and picking your own pumpkin, Christmas tree, strawberries, whatevers that is just so much more fullfilling.

I also, loved Where the Wild Things Are and was glad I could experience it with you!

when skies are grey said...

The pumpkin patch experience looks so awesome, when I showed Enz the pictures he was so amazed.

I really loved Where the Wild Things Are too, I can't stop talking about how rich it was with meaning.