About Me

My photo
I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

On being pleased to make Fall's acquaintance.



Hello, Fall. It's nice to see you here.

So, I have to admit (although it makes me a little sad to say) I've never really been properly introduced to you. I've never watched the trees turn from big green clusters atop trunks, to scattered red assortments of leaves on bare branches. I've never felt such a sudden and obvious shift in weather, the strong craving to drink coffee and hot cocoa, the urge to put pumpkin in all of my baking, the need for cute flap-over mittens and to come home and cozy up under a few layers of covers. I'm not really sure how I've lived without making your acquaintance, Fall; but i've surely grown very fond of you already.

7 comments:

David Robins said...

One time, when I was younger I went to Tennessee for Christmas. I went on a walk with my grandma and picked up all the different colored leaves there were and ironed them onto wax paper. We then used them as place mats for dinner. The next day it snowed. It was a good Christmas.

Wendy said...

It's a shame that, living in Florida, we never get to experience a true fall. Sure, the leaves die off on shrubs and we get the occasional snow flurry here and there but the varied color combinations cease to exist. I feel robbed really, and perhaps I should move north at some point.

ajn said...

please stay for thanksgiving!! i promise i will come!

Reese said...

it sounds lovely <3

Sabrina said...

This is a fun post. Thank you.

when skies are grey said...

I am so happy for you Sam, you are experiencing all the things you wanted. I want to meet this fall you speak of ;)!

BandonRandon said...

I guess true fall has always been something I've taken advantage of. Even something I've become disgusted with at times. Thank you for letting me see it's something to be thankful of and not something to dislike.

<3