About Me

My photo
I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

On fireworks in the middle of the afternoon.





Well, I do have to break off into a deeper version of my writing every once in a while- but here, I'm back! With a much happier and light-hearted post. 

Justin came over yesterday with a box of fireworks he had in his apartment and, of course, we chose to light some of them- right in the middle of the afternoon! The regular explosion-type fireworks weren't as fun to watch in the daylight, but my most favorite were the little smoke bombs we lit. They were such vivid colors and left cute little colored burn marks on the road in front of our house. The firework fun had to end eventually, and we decided a good time was when we lit a firework which flew in the air over our heads and zoomed around while we all franticly ran around trying to avoid it.

 Okay, who am I kidding? It was when we were shooting roman candles and little neighborhood kids started riding their bikes into the line of fire. Anyway, it's nice to have a little fun in the midst of stress and craziness sometimes. 

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

That first picture is beautiful and you use my favorite font.

lindsay || newyorkwords.net

Chase said...

fun is definitely allowed.
glad you got some.


dangfloridaandtheirfireworkrules

ajn said...

oh, those cute lil coloured firework-marks.

Anonymous said...

Hi Friend.. Interesting post.. keep up the good work.. Do visit my blog and post your comments.. Take care mate.. Cheers!!!

Anonymous said...

These are such great pictures!
I would say I wish I was there, but not so much if Enzo was too, insisting on holding the Roman Candles or some such nonsense ;)

Anonymous said...

These are such great pictures!
I would say I wish I was there, but not so much if Enzo was too, insisting on holding the Roman Candles or some such nonsense ;)