About Me

My photo
I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it.

Monday, December 22, 2008

On attempting to not be a scrooge.



Lately, i've really had some difficulties getting into the holiday spirit. It's been hot outside, which has made my frantic Christmas shopping experiences all but enjoyable. I felt like I needed a little somethin'-somethin' to cure me of my slowly-turning-scrooge syndrome. My mother suggested we have a day full of baking; we each picked a cookie and took turns in the kitchen. I got right onto the Food Network's website, naturally and picked out yummy pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting. After all was said and done, and after somehow getting pumpkin on my face only twice, my grumpiness toned down and the cookies turned out sooo tasty! David, (who for some reason, despite my mood volunteered to be my assistant in the kitchen for the day) helpfully offered to help clean up my mess.

Post-Script:  I have way, way too many! Open invitation to anyone who would like to help me finish 'em off :)

3 comments:

David Robins said...

Mmmm, I wonder how you got pumpkin on yo' pretty face?

Chase said...

eeeeeeexactly how far does that open invitation reach?

Taiwan, maybe?

ajn said...

i`m there.
but you have to bring some to me.